Saturday, April 26, 2014

Decorating with Heirlooms


I absolutely cherish my family's history and any little charms that have been passed down to me through the generations.

My dear friend, Kate, picked up this book for me about decorating with keepsakes and collectibles.  


The picture posted at the top of this post is a pair of hand knitted booties sent to my mother-in-law from her grandfather in Monroe, Louisiana when she was born.  

Living with What You Love inspired me to pull the delicate booties out of storage and display this tiny slice of my children's southern heritage in our home.  

Do you feel the same way about your family's heirlooms?  What are some ways you are decorating with them?

Pick up the glass box from Nicole Miller Home at TJ Maxx and Living with What You Love at Amazon.

Enjoy your weekend!

xo

Kelly 


No comments:

Post a Comment