Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Hitchcock!



My husband and I are huge Alfred Hitchcock fans, and today just happens to be his birthday!  I thought it was a good excuse to have a Hitch movie marathon with some homemade truffle butter popcorn and my favorite champagne to celebrate!

If you didn't opt to take film class in school and don't have the scoop on why Alfred Hitchcock's films are so cool, then pick up a copy of Hitchcock's Style.  The old fashioned thrills and intense suspense are great, but we all know our eyes are really on Hitch's leading ladies and their killer wardrobes!  

What are your favorite Hitchcock movies?  Let's discuss...

These are my faves...

Vertigo
Rear Window
The Birds
Rebecca
North By Northwest

Truffle Popcorn and Champagne

Pop one bag of your favorite popcorn (no salt or butter added).  Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of truffle oil.  Drizzle over popcorn, toss and add salt to taste.

Pour the bubbly.  Gloria Ferrer's Brut Rose' is my current favorite!



1 comment: