Monday, May 6, 2013
6 Steps to a Fun and Functional Entryway
1. Select a table or dresser.
This was a dresser that my aunt refinished and gave to me. Lucky me, I know. I picked up the knobs from Anthropology.
2. Hang a mirror or pic.
I found my mirror for $45 in a little antique store. Love it.
3. Turn on a light or electric candle.
This candle has been sitting in my attic for ages. Glad I found a use for it!
4. Use a tray to keep your things organized.
I like how my tray has high sides. It keeps little kid fingers from getting at my stuff!
5. Display things that make you smile.
I framed a treehouse my son drew and childhood pics of my husband on his 2nd bday and me when I was 8 on my great grandfather's farm. They immediately put me in a good mood!
6. Place a guest book for friends and family to "sign in" at dinner parties and memorable events.
Sounds cheesy, but it will be fun to look at years from now!
Have a great entryway idea? Please share!