Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Naming of a Home

In our family everything gets a name. If we see a random squirrel outside the window - it gets a name. Every stuffed animal that crosses our doorway is named. So it only makes sense that the other night at bedtime (probably a stalling technique) my son started asking me questions about our house's name. I explained our house was missing a name and thought he could do the honor of giving it one.

What did he come up with? The Bookshelf! He explained that our house has so many shelves and piles of books that the whole house is just holding up books.

I am in love with our house's new name and the story behind it. Does your house have a name? How did it come to be? Please share!

Enjoy a few pics of some of our bookshelves that inspired our home's name...





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! A house filled with books is my kind of home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alicia! I love being surrounded by my favorite books : )

    ReplyDelete